I am investigating the options for putting Mises.org content on the iPhone/iPod and other devices. Some people have asked about subscribing to Mises podcasts. Until we get a native iPhone app, there are two ways to subscribe to Mises.org podcasts – from iTunes, and directly on your iPhone. Here’s how:
- On either your iPhone or your computer, go to Mises Media and pick the category you wish to follow. For example, the Mises Daily (Daily Article) readings.
- Copy the podcast URL. On your iPhone, tap and hold the podcast icon and you will be prompted to copy the URL.
- In iTunes: Select “Advanced” => “Subscribe to Podcast” and paste the URL. That’s it! Just make sure you have it set to copy it to your iPod/iPhone.
- On the iPhone: You cannot add podcasts by URL to iPod, so you will have to use a third-party application, such as FeedReader Lite (free). To add the feed to FeedReader, tap the “Add Feed” button and paste in the feed URL:
- Now you should be able to see the list of media files. Open up one of them and tap on the link icon to play it.
By the way, if you are already a subscriber, you might want to un-subscribe and re-subscribe, as I have changed to a new URL with more information about the media.