Almost every libertarian has been confronted with such exclamations as, “But surely we need government to provide “X”!
Inspired by such fearless thinkers as Walter Block (especially his great book Defending the Undefendable), LvMI Forum members do not shy away from confronting such issues head-on. Here are some threads where some of the thorniest topics are grappled with.
- Norbert Klamann asks, “How can a free economy build roads and railways?“
- Vienna Sausage brings up vaccination in “Free markets, Policy, and H1N1“
- Mickanomics asks, “Can street cleaners evolve in a free market?“
- TelfordUS raises the issue of “Cartels in an anarcho-capitalist society“
- In related threads, Eric considers Defense in anarchy” and Democracy for Breakfast asks, “What would prevent warfare… in Rothbard’s Anarcho-Capitalist society?”
- Scott F asks if libertarians should make an exception for the post office (boy, is that one a softball!).
- Capitalist wonders how a theoretical anti-semitic neighbor would be dealt with in a free society.
- And Alimentarius inquires into the issue of Death threats in a libertarian society.